Do you blog for your business? Blogging is an excellent way to connect with your customers, show your expertise and boost SEO to your website. But you may be wondering: How can I increase traffic to my blog? Here are some easy ways to get more people to read your blog posts:
1) Be patient. Acquiring an audience for your blog doesn’t happen overnight. Give your blog time to grow and prosper.
2) Add interesting images. In a world of Pinterest and Tumblr, people are craving novel images to pin and post about. Additionally, if someone is doing an image search on Google, your blog post can get some attention by appearing in the search results. Make sure your image has a description and title too.
3) Write posts that people want to read. Sounds simple, right? But you’d be surprised how many business bloggers aren’t doing it. Check out your Google Analytics to see what search terms people are using to find your website. That could be a valuable way for you to determine what to blog about next.
4) Add social sharing buttons. Let people help you spread the word about your blog post. Be sure to include share buttons for all major social networks, including Facebook and Twitter, as well as a “Pin It’ and “Google+1” button for Pinterest and Google. Add these buttons to the top and bottom of each blog post.
5) Add a subscribe feature. Your blog should have a way for people to subscribe – right at the top of your blog page. Consider adding calls to actions to the end of your blog posts, inviting people to subscribe: “Did you find this blog post to be valuable? Then, please consider subscribing to our blog so you don’t miss a thing!”
6) Reference related blog posts. If you’re using WordPress, you can download widgets to help you, or you can do it manually. Either way, point readers to other blog posts that are related to the one they are reading. Your readers are already on your blog – why not keep them there?
7) Post your blog article to all social media networks. Make sure to talk about your blog posts on Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus, and don’t be afraid to post about it multiple times. Change the wording and make it a fresh post.
8) Pin your post to Pinterest. Related to tips #2 and #7, Pinterest is a huge traffic referral source. Make sure to pin your blog post to a pinboard. If you’re not sure how to fully maximize Pinterest, check out our blog post about using Pinterest to boost your SEO and bottom line.
9) Use social bookmarking sites. Reddit, Digg and Stumbleupon are great ways to bring more traffic to your blog. If you’re active on these bookmarking sites, be sure to add their share buttons to your blog posts.
10) Invite guest bloggers. A guest blogger will add great interest to your blog. Additionally, the guest blogger will share the post with his/her community, which will extend your reach.
That’s it! We hope these 10 tips will get you on the road to blog success. And to follow our own advice, if you like the content of this post, please consider subscribing! That way, you can get our blog posts right in your inbox.